Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This could be the big hit of the season!

How cute is this? Took this one to work today and showed to only 3 people and got orders for four right off the bat. And this one isn't even that good. I made it from walnut and used my favorite finish of choice Danish Oil. Where I went somewhat wrong though was trying to sand the edges with my flap sander chucked in the drill press. I had the speed to high and took off more material than I wanted to in some areas. But live and learn. I'll make new ones for the orders and they will look a lot better. I stack three of them at a time and will mix walnut, cherry and oak to offer customers a choice.

The pattern is by John Browner and can be found in Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts magazine, the Holiday Ornaments issue on page 32.

The little photo inserts are available from a number of suppliers of scroll saw accessories.

Have a good night. Might not get to post tomorrow. I'll be behind the mic again at a football game.

1 comment:

  1. Not for us because it's our second - but what about an "our" first Christmas?

    ReplyDelete