Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Pleasant Visit With One of My Heroes

Had a pleasant conversation this afternoon with Sheila Landry of Sheila Landry Designs. Sheila is a pattern designer and long time scroll saw artist. For years I have enjoyed her patterns and cut many beautiful things from them. I have read her articles in magazines I subscribe to as well. So when I was having trouble placing an order on her new website I dropped her an email at the address on the site and she emailed me back asking for my phone number so she could call me. I readily agreed and sure enough she called me in just minutes!
Turned out the problem was a simple one. And it was all mine not hers. As soon as I corrected it, BAM...Bob's your uncle, there were my patterns in my email. After we straightened out the problem we talked a little about some of the patterns I had cut and some of the places her work is available. The whole point of this is...what I really love about this hobby/business is that the people we look on as the peak of success are REAL people. They take the time to talk with you,
answer your questions and give you helpful hints. As busy as they are, they are never too busy.
And you know what? They are all livin my dream, to make a business out of something you love to do and still be down to earth real people. Thanks again Sheila. I love the patterns. Now I have to get into the shop and start cuttin!

No comments:

Post a Comment