Saturday, October 16, 2010

Davison Day 1

What a dud this turned out to be! It was supposed to be one of the biggest shows of the year. In the past "thousands" attended, or so I was told. This year there were lots of people but very few buyers. I didn't see many walking around carrying bags and I sold very little today. Looks like I may not make my space fee back unless I have a bigger day tomorrow. This is the second show in a row where I went with a big time craft promoter and paid a hefty fee and have been burned. Well that's it. It's back to playing "little ball". For the rest of the season I am staying close to home and I am going to try to get into the local church bazaars and not pay big time space rental fees. Judging by the other vendors I talked to today the promoters selling the spaces are the only ones making money.

No comments:

Post a Comment