Thursday, October 14, 2010

Strike up the band!

I've had a lot of success over the years selling musical insturment ornaments at craft shows. Seems like everybody has a kid in the band and these make great stocking stuffers. I have more
than just these. I have drums, french horns, tubas and the like. What I don't have are flutes and clarinets and I really need them. I have never found or been able to design a suitable pattern for them. they have too many valves and buttons on them. It's hard to make a flute
that doesn't look like just a stick with holes in it and similar for the clarinet. I keep experementing with it though and one day I will come up with a beauty for both and I'll be able to retire or at the least, quit my day job.

You may have noticed a slight revision to the tower. I told my wife I thought I needed some kind of background on the tower to make the ornaments stand out more. She came up with this
red cloth and hemmed it at the top so it would wrap around and then drop down the inside. Then she put ties on the bottom to hold it straight. Really makes a difference! Great job honey!

See you at Davison this weekend. If you read Terry's Scroll Shoppe blog be sure to come up and say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment