Sunday, October 17, 2010

Davison Day 2-Second Verse Worse Than the First.

I didn't think it was actually possible to do worse than yesterday and I haven't added up the numbers yet but I think it is very close. I know I did not recoup my space fee which, in my opinion, was way out of line. I'll not be doing another show with this promoter. The promise of over three thousand people visiting wasn't even realized in two days, let alone one. Other vendors I talked to were less than impressed as well. Those who were there for the most part experienced a big drop in sales from last year. To be fair I have heard it a lot..."people in Michigan just are not buying anything." It has often been said that when the U.S. economy catches a cold Michigan catches pneumonia. Well were on the respirator now and there will be a change in the governors office (Jenny is Term limited out) and there better be a big change in
policies too. But I digress.

I did manage to sell a few ornaments today and one of my higher priced crosses, but in the end this weekend was a big bust for me. Lots of other things I would have chosen to do If I knew it was going to be like this but that is the way the game is played. You just never know.

I'll be looking around here for some shows for next month and will likely pay a third or less of what I paid for this debacle and will do far better, I guarantee it.

One thing that was fun this weekend was people watching. Craft shows are great for that.
More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment