Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ribbons drying on the Bench


Remember I told you I handed out a couple of these at the breast cancer awareness event last Saturday. Well sure enough the orders are starting to come in. I'm trying to figure out now what my costs are and then what percentage of the profits to donate to the American Cancer Society or the Susan G. Komin (sp?) for the Cure. So What do you think? Should I (a) donate ?all the funds to the Cancer Society ? after all it is a good cause. (b) donate half the proceeds?
after all, I deserve something for my time and effort. Or (c) keep it all because I'm a capitalist entrepaneur and after all "Greed is Good" (Gordon Gecko in Wall Street ). Humor aside my personal feeling is that this is the international symbol in the fight against breast cancer and it would be wrong for me to make a profit beyond my cost of materials and such. So a large portion of what ever I reap from this will go to cancer research.

No comments:

Post a Comment