Sunday, July 3, 2011

Back to posting regularly soon

Hi everyone. Seems like a year since my last post. First let me assure you that nothing is seriously wrong. Summer and new orders have been keeping me very busy. Mother and I have been working hard on the house and yard with some long overdue maintenance. We have also been taking some time on the weekends to do some biking which we really love. About three weeks ago we went on a beautiful trip to Macinac Island (pronounced mack-uh-naw for you non Michiganians) and bike around the Island twice. As far as the wood business goes, I haven't done any shows this spring or summer but have been doing a lot for friends at work. The angels you see in the photograph above are quite small and delicate and pretty quick and easy to cut out. A lady at work ordered fifty of them for her church group! Fortunately I could stack cut them and that saved a little time but it was still a lot.
Some other things I've sold recently are coat racks with a child's name scrolled on it,(those have been really big sellers), some various word art, and I have an open order out there. One Lady wants me to make a house number for her in cursive! Won't be as hard as it sounds though. Her house number is 4! That's right, just 4. Must be a very small neighborhood.
I am working on a different way to photograph my work. I have made a light box in which to place my projects to take pictures of them. To explain without a picture may be a little difficult but here goes. It is a box with the front side open and panels cut out on two sides and the top which are covered with white curtain fabric to let light pass through. I use three clip on lamps and it is supposed to diffuse the light enough to make for good product photos. We'll see. Lots of crafters swear by them for pictures for web sites and eBay. You will see the results very soon. Maybe even tomorrow. Hope to get back to posting and cutting out more work soon so please be patient with me. Thanks.
Terry.

No comments:

Post a Comment