Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Orca Puzzle

Just had to cut something from the latest issue of Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts. I didn't have a lot of time so I picked this Orca Puzzle by Matthew Jones. It was quick and easy to cut out and paint. The tail was a bit of a challenge but I managed it. I took this picture using my little Nikon and the new light box that I built. I draped a white background using some clips on the top of the box and portable lights on two of the sides and the top. I used some white curtain material that was being thrown out and I think the picture came out pretty good. The white material acts as a scrim to diffuse and soften the light. I am really determined to start taking better pictures of my work so I can post them on a website or online at a site like Etsy. A lot of crafters have been reporting success there. Got some more orders to crank out this weekend and I really want to get some new products on display at work so we'll see how it works out. I'll post more pictures and play around with different angles as well. See ya round the ole Scroll Shoppe.


No comments:

Post a Comment