Monday, July 4, 2011

IT'S INDEPENDENCE DAY!

July Fourth! Independence Day. And today I declared my independence from the clutter and mess that has been holding me hostage and keeping me from doing my much needed work. Now the war begins. Get rid of the mess, Get organized, throw out trash, keep only what is needed And start turning out work like the picture above. Did for another gal at work whose daughter graduated in June from Powers Catholic High School in Flint, Michigan. Got a couple of other special orders in the works as well. One is the house number I told you about yesterday and the other is a special book mark I am making for a friend who loaned me a couple of great novels to read. It's going to consist of a ribbon with his initials in the form of pendants at either end.
Today was just a perfect day weather wise here in Michigan. Mother and I spent most of the morning working on cleaning out our basement, but after lunch we just had to go outside and sit and relax in the beautiful Summer fresh air. Everybody in the neighborhood was gone it seemed. It was quiet and peaceful and a real joy. Later I took a bike ride through the neighborhood and it was just a picture of pure tranquility.
After the bike ride a sat down for an hour or so and watched the last three innings of a baseball game between the Cubs and the Nationals. Washington won in the bottom of the tenth when a runner scored from third on a wild pitch. Is that a lame way to win or what?
Grilled hot dogs and Hamburgers for supper and washed em down with beer and potato chips. Is that all American or what?
Sitting here now watching "A Capitol Fourth" on PBS. It's a perfect way to cap off an independence day. Mother and I are not big on fireworks. We'll here them booming away tonight as we drift off to sleep. Early wake up call tomorrow. The "day job" beckons. But the war on clutter and disorganization continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment