Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year, Terry's Scroll Shoppe is Back

The blog has returned. You are looking at the theme for the new year "Create Your Dream". Time to take the Scroll Shoppe to the next level, "on-line" sales. A top priority for this year will be building and maintaining a top notch website for the business. It should be a neat trick because I know NOTHING about website design and creation. I know what I want, just not how to go about putting it together and putting it on line.
I had a freind's brother design my voiceover website. It was quite simple but it took him four months to do it and I don't have that long to get it up and going. So I need to look for a designer around here that can do one for a reasonable amount of money. Or I may look at Go Daddy and see if it is possible to do it myself.
Here's what the site will have. A home page with pictures and information about what I do here. Tabs along the side with categories of projects. Pages on those tabs with pictures and prices for the various projects. Shopping cart capability for ease of ordering. Payment probably using pay pal.
Some sites I have looked at that I admire and would like to emulate include Tuliptree Crafts,
Sheila Landry Designs, 8x10 woodworking, and Scroll Saw Goodies.
This has been a dream for a long time and today is January 1st so it's time to get going and
"Create Your Dream".

No comments:

Post a Comment