Saturday, January 29, 2011

update from the scroll shoppe

Another good pattern from Steve Good. Bless his heart he keeps cranking out free patterns almost daily on his blog and I find I use about 85 to 90% of them. Keep up the good work buddy.

This little heart pendant measures about two inches high and 2 inches wide. Steve made his just a bit smaller. I enlarged it about 10% to accommodate a 1/16th drill bit for the tiny spaces.
This one is cut from 1/8th inch bloodwood. Bloodwood is pretty pricey but I got some scraps free from a friend a couple of years ago and have made projects with them sparingly. I'll probably make about 7 or eight of these and sell them for $5.00 each, If I can part with them. I tend to get attached to my projects and sometimes I hate to see them go. But I know they'll have good homes and the money will allow me to buy materials and supplies to make more.

Well the title of this post says it is to be an update on what's going on in the scroll shoppe so here goes:

Been very busy lately but not all in the shop. My other life keeps intruding and the past couple of weeks have been filled with a lot of announcing jobs (yes by day he's a humble mild mannered scroll saw artist working to turn out beautiful crafts for the community. He seems not unlike Gepetto hoping for one of his creations to come to life. THEN BY NIGHT HE DONS THE MANTLE OF HIS ALTER EGO AND BECOMES....ARENA SPORTS ANNOUNCER MAN. INSPIRING YOUNG ATHLETES TO GIVE CHAMPIONSHIP PERFORMANCES WITH HIS ENTHUSIASTIC PRAISE FOR THEIR EFFORTS.) Have two hockey games this weekend and a couple of college basketball games coming up.

During the evenings I'm home I have been trying to work on the website with the website builder at Go Daddy. I find it a bit daunting especially when the directions offered in the start up manual don't work. Looks like I'll be going back to the support desk for help.

Working now on a project for a friend at work. It's going to be a plaque commemorating their wedding. It is a big fetwork heart wall hanging with their names and wedding date scrolled into it. Designed the pattern in Inkscape. Now it's just a matter of getting it onto the wood and cutting it out.

Well that's the post for now. As an old scroller once said: "Keep the dust blowin and the smiles showin"

No comments:

Post a Comment