Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Something Very Christmas

As I mentioned in my last post, my next one would be something very very Christmas. This pattern is from Scroll Saw Woodworking and crafts holiday edition 2003. I kind of stumbled on it while I was looking for the name train project featured in the last post. This nativity scene is a special pattern by John Morgan. Each figure is made up of interlocking puzzle pieces. You can't really tell that from the picture.
Hardest part of this project was not the cutting but the careful painting of each piece. It took me far longer than I thought it would and I am not very confident in doing it. But it came out fairly well I think.
While making this set I thought about how frantic this season is. The crowds, the traffic, the weather the rush to get things done, the preparation for Christmas day.
We need to be reminded of what this day means. Suddenly Christmas morning arrives and everything slows to a stop and there is truly peace on earth, at least our part of it. This nativity scene reminds us that this is the birth of all we believe in , all we hope for and live for, our families, our friends.
May you all find the joy and the peace of this season amongst the hustle and bustle, the hype and hyperbole. MERRY CHRISTMAS from Terry's Scroll Shoppe.

No comments:

Post a Comment