Monday, January 10, 2011

To Paint or Not to Paint--That is the questions

Whether tis better to add a splash of color or leave well enough alone and let the customer add their own unique touch of flair.

This lovely little bit of word art is actually a statement. Can you tell what it says. "Hearts in love" is it's simple statement. It is a pattern by toni burghout and Sue Chrestensen published in a June 2008 edition of "Creative Woodworks and Crafts" magazine. In their design they painted just the outside edges or cut edges of the pattern in a bright red accented with gold.
Looking at their results I might try it. I'll post my results as well. It requires some elaborate masking but I think it can be done.

Another idea I had was to paint the hearts red or pink and spray the rest white. Several options
to try. Gotta get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment