Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Angel's Greeting

Well here it is, what I've been working on this week. It is from a pattern in the Holiday issue of Creative Woodworks and Crafts. The pattern was designed by Paul Boer, one of the mags great contributors.
This took about two and a half hours to cut and I spread that out over three days. Normally I'd do something like this all in one session but my busy schedule has been limiting my time in the scroll shoppe.
The wood is cherry and the base is walnut. I finished it in danish oil and am looking forward to displaying it on my desk at work.
Speaking of work, getting lots of Christmas orders from the gals at the office. Most want Christmas ornaments or things to give special people in their lives. I'm starting to get a lengthy list and I need to get busy on it. I'll post pictures of the work as I go along.
I'm trying to design some name ornaments similar to Steve Good's pattern using Inkscape but so far haven't been successful. I know it is doable, it is just a matter of learning the software.
There are a couple of good tutorials on the web and I'll be studying those this week. Wish me luck.

1 comment: