Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Newest Crosses


Love these to crosses.  I found the patterns on one of the on line forums I visited and contacted the designer.  Good ole Texas boy named Bobby Riggs.  He sent me both through email for a nominal price and I went right to work on them.  He also kindly gave me permission to sell them in Terry's Scroll Shoppe.
They both measure 6x8 inches.  The one on the right is very delicate.  I cut a smaller version of it and made the mistake of picking it up near the bottom and the swirls broke right off.  So I made the second version a little bigger and cut the swirls a little bit thicker but it is still extremely fragile.  Need to wrap it very special so who ever buys it at a bazaar will be able to get it home in one piece.
The one on the right is much stronger, as you can see, but still has a nice delicate look to it.  Used cherry wood for these and finished with boiled linseed oil and finished off with a coat of polyurethane.
Hope to launch online selling from my website terrysscrollshoppe.com soon. Working out details for
ordering and shipping now.  Goal is to have it done by early October.
Keep checking in.  More coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment