Monday, September 17, 2012

How Should I finish this?



Well it's Monday, but being retired it doesn't have nearly the same annoyance for me that it used to have.  Spent the weekend cutting some new projects and never really even left the house.  Today am adding some new photos to facebook and taking pictures of some recently finished projects.  I have a lot of things I am dying to show you but haven't found time lately to sit down and write.  Still working on the products page on the website. It is kind of tough to decide what to include and how to arrange it.  I have also decided to incorporate pay pal for orders.  I really don't want to take credit cards as the companies keep adding on new fees every time the government puts a new regulation on them.  It makes the politicians look good but we all get it in the end anyway. 

As for the piece in the picture above:  This is another Sue Mey pattern in a set of six that I am working on. They are all word art with a Christmas theme that uses one letter to create a scene.  It's an interesting concept and I like it very much.  The quandary I am having is how to finish them.  I am cutting them out of plain old pine and just leaving them unfinished so far.  Stain might be an option but choosing the shade has me conflicted and getting into the openings is a challenge.  Spray paint might be another option.  I did that with the "Snow" man one and then top it off with glitter blast and
it came out great, but would that work for a Christmas decoration.   I welcome any suggestions you might have and it would help me decide.

Got some new ornaments I've been working on that I can't wait to show you and couple of beautiful
cross patterns I just got from a fellow in Texas.  Those will be coming in the next couple of posts.
Keep checking in.  As for retirement...I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment