Sunday, November 6, 2011

You Jsut Never Know!




Greetings all my friends and family. We did a craft show at Valley Lutheran High School yesterday (November 4th). Going in our expectations were low. It was a small show with not too many pure crafters. There were a lot of home party vendors (tupperware, pampered chef, ect.) and people re-selling things they had bought in lots; so we weren't expecting much. The show was very close to home and it was quite inexpensive so we purchased two spaces and figured "whatta we got to lose?".

Well I can say now that we finally hit the mother lode. All I've been hearing lately from crafters on line is that the economy sucks, no body is buying, crowds, are down, blah blah blah. The crowds were pretty good here yesterday and from my experience they were buying like crazy!

Our very first sale of the morning put us in the black as far as expenses go and it just kept getting better from there. I can't give you a total for the day because I haven't run the numbers

yet but let's just say it was a little shy of.... One Million Dollars!!! (actually way shy, like the distance from earth to the sun and back but that expression is a little semi private joke between me and my daughter who is probably roaring with laughter as she reads this. Think "Dr. Evil" from the Austin Powers series )

So what sold. Well, unlike past shows where only little things in the two to five dollar range sold, This time people were buying my bigger pieces that I put the most work into and am most proud of. Ornamental crosses and wall art sold very well. If you look at the bottom photo, almost everything on this table sold. The items on the peg board all ranged in price from $ 20 to $70 (and believe me, for the amount of time I had into them, that was CHEAP!). Today is Pastor Appreciation Sunday in the Lutheran Church and people were looking for gifts for their Pastor (I had no idea! That was a stroke of luck). Christmas tree ornaments also sold very well.

They always do. Word art was a little disappointing. "Faith, Hope, Love, sold well and a Faith, Family and Friends, sold but the cute ones, like "Manure Occurreth", "Dude Relax", and "No Coffee NO Workee" didn't move at all. People get a kick out of em but they don't buy them.

All in all it just goes to show ya...ya just never know!

Next Saturday, the Frankenmuth High School gymnasium. Expectations are high for this show. Frankenmuth is one of those communities that is big on Christmas so I am looking forward to selling a lot of ornaments and Christmas type decorations. But then again, YA JUST NEVER KNOW! I have to replenish stock so if you'll excuse me I got some serious scrollin to do!



No comments:

Post a Comment