Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What Happened to this holiday?

Halloween hadn't even passed yet and Christmas decorations were appearing in stores. Some idiot radio programmers are already all Christmas music. Christmas ads began overwhelming TV programming. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THANKSGIVING? It seems to get worse every year, the commercial hype over Christmas and, of course, it has nothing to do with the birth of Our Lord and Savior. OOOOH I just brought religion into it! That's soooo unfashionable these days. I probably just offended a Muslim somewhere. How dare I. The Winter Solstice Festival Police will be knocking on my door any minute now.

OK. Whew! Rant over. I feel better now. What I really wanted to do was post this word art piece that I made and encourage everybody I know to pause for a moment next Thursday, put down your midnight madness sale flyers, and take a moment to give thanks to your Maker for all the blessings you enjoy. Thank God that you were born in this land. Thank Him for the generations of men and women who gave their lives to preserve it for us. Thank Him for the life and the love that surrounds you everywhere. Let us have Thanksgiving before we move on to the Christmas season and maybe that will help us to remember what Christmas really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment