Thursday, March 3, 2011

Update: What's been goin on?

Been a couple of weeks since the last post. You probably remember this picture of the heart I made for my friend Andrew at work. Well after he showed it around a little I immediately got orders for two more and I finished and delivered them and got firm orders for two more and tentative orders for two more! At this rate I'll be running out of 3/8 inch oak pretty soon. The good part is I'll have money to buy more!

You may remember in our last visit I was bemoaning the fact that I ruined one piece when I over cut the letters in one of the names causing the middle of it to drop out. I called it designer firewood. Well, my wife saved it from the burn pile by suggesting I just cut out the heart shape around the name leaving an opening that you could fill with a picture. She always seems to see the angle that I miss. Now I have another way to sell this lovely heart.

My website plans have kind of stalled for now. I have a home page designed but not sure I like the look of it. I can't seem to get the pictures I want to use sized correctly. I have pictures of my saw and a few of my best cuttings to show off but can't get the photos down to a thumbnail size. I like to get them down to about 2x2 inches. If you know how to do that let me know in the comments section.

This weekend is free for me so far so I will be doing some cutting for sure but I really want to make some progress on the web site so I may spend most of it right here in my little office working on that. Hope to have something to show you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment