Sunday, February 21, 2010

This is My Scroll Saw


This is the famous Dewalt DW788. It is the saw most veteran scollers use to create thier work.
I got this one for Christmas from my wife and it has proved to be a wonderfull gift.
I had been using a Delta Q3 for the last nine years and it served me well and paid for itself many time over. But lately I had been having a problem with it cutting square and straight. When I would cut puzzles from 3/4 inch wood the pieces would slide freely one way but hang up the other. I also had trouble with blades breaking after just a short time of use.
With the DW 788 both problems were instantly solved. It cuts true and square and is also very quiet. About the only sound you hear is the blade going through the wood. I really like it and expect it will pay for itself even faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment