Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Place to Hang Your Hat


This is a simple little project that I have had a lot of demand for. People love things made for their kids and if you add their names to the project they love it even more. I've made dozens of these for people at my day job. When I finish one and bring it in I usually get about five more orders!
It is made from a 3/4 by 4 inch piece of clear pine cut to a length of 24 inches and then the 3 1/2
inch shaker pegs are added and a couple of holes drilled at the ends for hanging purposes. Buttons cover the holes. The child's name is added at the top, cut from the same piece of lumber.
The name is then glued to the top of the board.
I leave them unpainted and unfinished, so the customer can finish them anyway they choose.
On another note: I have added a second page to my website http://terrysscrollshoppe.com. It is called "The Scroll Saw Process". Many times people have asked me "How do you do that?" This page describes the process in some detail and pictures are provided.
Next step for the website is a products page and a contact form for ordering.
Due to a shift change at work, I have been working on the website in the morning hours. Hope to have a lot of additions in the near future so keep checking in there often. I will also be putting a link to this blog there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment